Thursday, March 06, 2008

Seriously Folks

Ok, I want to take a minute and post a serious blog. And I don't CARE what your views on the whole "illegal immigration" stand are....that's not the point of this blog.

A girl that is a member of my church was brought over to this country from Mexico by her parents as a 2 year old. Therefore, yes, she's illegal. She has grew up here, married a guy that is American and now has a 2 year old son. She decided to right a wrong and take the steps she has to take to get a work visa. I'm trying to keep as many details out as possible because I don't know if she would care if I wrote this about her. So, she went to Mexico and was denied a work visa for 30 days. She has another appointment towards the end of March. This means people, that she has to stay in Mexico for 30 more days without her son. She can not leave. I know she has some comfort with her husband there. If she is denied again, she may have to stay in Mexico for 10 years to qualify.

I find this CRAZY. And my hearts breaks for her since she is away from her little boy. I don't care what nationality you are, illegal or legal - a mother being away from her kids for a long period of time is heart breaking. I feel so bad for her. So, I want all you guys to pray that she is granted a work visa when she goes back and gets to come HOME. SC is her home - this is her first trip to Mexico and hopefully her last. Please keep her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why did she have to go to mexico to get work visa to be work in the US? isn't she already a citizen by marriage? i'm so confused by all this. whatever ... you're right ... that's sad! poor kid!

Mandy said...

Well, she techinically still an illegal alien so that's why she's in Mexico trying to get a work visa. And no, just because she married an American doesn't cut it anymore.....