Thursday, August 02, 2007

Awesome Mommy Moment

I did something yesterday that I don't normally do........

I stopped caring! Yeap, you read that right, I said I stopped caring! Ok, so it's not what you think so let me explain.....yesterday I took Olivia and Cooper outside after they got home so that Al could put the carrier on the back of the bicycle. We were having a ball playing in the backyard - Olivia on the swing and Cooper shooting Layla with the water hose. Of course, after a few minutes of hearing Cooper giggle (and it's sssooo contagious), Olivia decided SHE wanted to spray our poor dog with water. And then the war started! Don't worry, I'm getting to the "not caring anymore part!" So, I intervene and tell them both to give ME the water hose. After a threat of getting Big Daddy, Olivia caved and handed it over. SUDDENLY IT HIT ME!!! WHY DID I CARE THAT THEY WERE PLAYING WITH THE WATER HOSE AND TORMENTING THE DOG?

So, I did what any good mother would have done.....I soaked both my babies down with the water hose - ha ha! And they LOVED it....Cooper kept saying "Do it, Do it" and Olivia would laugh so hard that it made me smile. Granted in the back of head I was thinking "man, they are going to be a pain to clean up" but I just pushed that thought to the side and enjoyed my kids being KIDS. It was wonderful. We probably stayed outside for a good 10 minutes of me squirting them down with the water hose. I even made poor little Cooper trip over his own feet - ha ha! It was a good time and definitely a wonderful MOMMY MOMENT.

No comments: