Saturday, July 28, 2007

Olivia the Grim Reaper.....

Olivia is fascinated with death these days. I'm not really sure why, but every time I turn around I hear stuff like this:

O: "Mommy, what are cemeteries for?"
Me: *sigh* "That's where people are buried after they die."
O: "Are you going to die?"
Me: "Yes Olivia....probably from answering all your questions."
O: "Do you want me and Cooper to visit you at the cemetery?"
Me: "Yes Olivia."
O: "Do you want me to bring you flowers? And do you want Daddy to come?"
This conversation just goes on and on and on.......I WISH I could beat the person that explained to Olivia what a cemetery was in the first place!

Or I get this:
O: "Mommy, who's going to live in our house after we die?"
Me: *startled look* "What in the world...."
O: "Who's going to live in our house when we are all killed and die?"
OOOOOKKKKKK.....now, it's that just A LITTLE freaky? I really wish Olivia would hurry up and get out of this phase. And of course, if we hear anything on tv (and you would not believe how many cartoons and movies and tv shows talk about death), then all this starts over. Oh, and I really hate that cartoon "The Grim Adventurers of Billy and Mandy" on Cartoon Network! I can't turn the channel fast enough when I see that show on. UGH!!!!

So usually when she starts talking about death, the conversation EVENTUALLY leads to the fact that my grandma's and Al's grandma's are in heaven and then I have to answer 500 questions about what Heaven is like, etc. So, I found a book online called "What is Heaven Like" and it's written for kids Olivia's age. I bought it and can't wait for it to get here. Maybe, just maybe this will settle all her questions about death and Heaven. If not, I'm calling Preacher Dave and letting him have a go at it! The kid is totally freaking me out! :)

No comments: