Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Shoes

Bless Nana's heart! She bought Olivia a brand new pair of shoes last night. And guess what they had on them? Dora! Olivia LOVED them - of course we knew she would! It took all I had to hold her down to take them off last night. She wanted to sleep in them. How funny is that? The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was that she wanted to wear her new Dora shoes. And I let her. No point in trying to keep them clean for long, as hard as Olivia Grace plays at daycare, they'll be filthy by Friday. Maybe even sooner than that if she fancies a mud puddle.

Nana also bought Cooper a little Curious George monkey. It's so cute and Cooper loves it. He'll smile and coo at it and try to devour the stuffed animal in his mouth. He's so fun to watch. I still think he likes Olivia's Boots doll (Dora's pet monkey no doubt!) better, but Olivia refuses to share with him. I've tried to sneak Boots to Coop a few times and Olivia all but threw a tantrum when I did. And I dare not buy him one too - she'd stake claim on that monkey in a heartbeat! Cooper is growing so fast - he's discovered his feet and it's so fun to watch him try to put his toes in his mouth. He has the hardest time with those fat, chunky legs of his! I can't believe he'll be six months old in a week. Wow!

So Al and I put the deposit down for the Play Zone to have Olivia's birthday party. Last year everyone that I invited plus some showed up at our house. I have never had that many screaming kids in my house at one time! :) The kids had a ball, but it was so cramped in my house that you could hardly move. So, we vowed that we would never, ever, ever do that again. The Play Zone will be super fun though, it's an indoor playground and Olivia is at the perfect age to really play there. It doesn't seem like it's been almost three years since I had Boo Boo. My hips (if they could talk) would probably say they can believe it!

No comments: