Monday, February 20, 2006

Saving Cooper Part 2

Poor little Cooper better hurry up and grow up or he's never going to make it! Last night I had Cooper on the floor under his play gym. He was having a ball! And as usual, Olivia was harassing my poor little man to death! When she wasn't running around him full force, making me think she would fall on him at any given moment, she was sitting beside him playing with his feet and kissing him on the head.

Which is exactly what I thought she was doing last night! Olivia loves cereal - sans milk that is. So, for a snack before bed, I gave her a small cup of dry cheerios. She took her position in front of Coop talking away to him. Her conversations are usually like this:
Olivia: Hey Cooper
Cooper: Coo Coo
Olivia: What u doing Cooper?
Cooper: Coo Coo
Olivia: You a pretty baby Cooper

So I guess I let my guard down since Olivia has never tried to feed her brother before. After a few minutes on the floor, I hear, "Here Cooper, eat some cereal" and it clicks in my head - OH MY GOSH SHE'S FEEDING COOPER! I snatch him up off the floor and sure enough, he's got cereal in his mouth! I almost freaked out - but Al was there and he calmly told me to flip Coop over and get the pieces out of his mouth that way. I got all the pieces out (or at least I thought) and laid him back down. He starts choking on a piece and threw up everywhere. Thankfully he was fine and started laughing at Olivia after that. Little Stinker!

I know Olivia wasn't being mean, she was only sharing with her little brother. They love each other so much and I know Livvie just doesn't understand that Cooper can't do all they things she can right now. But I tell you what, for the first time I felt like a horrible mother!

No comments: