Saturday, February 04, 2006

Baby Powder is the Devil

I hate the stuff - I've never really used it with either of the babies, but I had some just in case. I really should have went with my gut feeling on baby powder. It really is the devil. Olivia has always had a fascination with the stuff - for whatever reason I don't know!

So, I'm awaken (awoken, woken up, whatever the right word is here) bright and early by Olivia around 6:30am (on a Saturday!!!!) and she wants to play. Groggy, I tell her to go play in her room and she dashed off and did just that. She NEVER listens to me, but this morning, she did. I was happy, although now that I look back on it, I should have been suspicious. So, about 15 minutes later, Cooper starts fretting, letting me and Al know it's time to fill his tummy. As Al walks by Olivia's room I hear "My lord Olivia, what have you done?" Can I tell you that I was scared at this point? Al comes back in the bedroom and tells me to go look at what Olivia did. Now I'm REALLY scared. I go in her room and everything - I mean everything - is covered in white powder. Yeap, Olivia had found my bottle of baby powder and COVERED everything in her room in it. *She* was covered in it. Poor Blue was now blue and white, the Wiggles piano didn't stand a chance - they were smothered in the stuff. "Just let it dry Mommy, just let it dry" she says. She probably really deserved a spanking, but I just couldn't muster up the strength so early in the morning. So, an hour later, I think I had pretty much all the baby powder cleaned up - although she will forever have toys that have baby powder stuck in holes and creases. And her Dora playhouse has a new roof of stubborn baby powder that won't come off. It gives it a nice look I think. I will never ever buy another bottle of baby powder again. And I'm not sure, but I almost positive I'm going to be sick from inhaling so much of the stuff.

Baby powder is the devil, simple as that!

No comments: