Thursday, February 09, 2006

Spanking BJ

I've mentioned Olivia's baby doll she has affectionately named Baby Jesus. Well, last night she was playing with Baby Jesus and Dora in her room. All of a sudden she comes running up to me carrying BJ in her arms. "Mommy! (insert loud short scream) Baby Jesus was ugly to me!" "He was?" I said. "Yes, give him a spanking and put him in time out!" And she was serious - she handed, or more like threw, the dirty little doll in my hands and just stared at me, waiting on my next move. Now, don't get me wrong, this is really cute, but there's just something *WRONG* with punishing (even though it's pretend) a doll named Baby Jesus. I just couldn't do it. All I could think about was God looking down on me and saying "YOU DID WHAT!?" "It's ok Livvie, he didn't mean to do it" is all I could come up with! She apparently was satisfied with that answer because she grabbed Baby Jesus out of my hands and rushed back in her room to play. We repeated this cycle for about 20 minutes until she finally had enough of BJ and Dora. I guess they don't get along and it was frustrating Olivia! :)

No comments: