Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I want, I want, I want



For all you parents out there, the age that a child tells you they *want* everything they see is three years old! Olivia is in the phase right now....among other phases too. It really doesn't matter what she sees, she just knows she wants it. If we're at the grocery store, she wants the vegetable oil or she'll die; if we're at the Sonic, she wants two corn dogs, a hot dog, and a grilled cheese sandwich and every flavor of milk shake they make. At first I thought it was cute, but lately, it's been driving me nuts! I could give you a list of all the things she's told me she wanted lately, but this blog would go on forever.

So, to explain the picture - Olivia told her Nana she wanted a set of drums for Christmas. Al and I were totally against the idea unless Nana kept them at her house. Well, guess what Olivia got for Christmas? Yeap, the drum set. And trust me, she loves to play it. Of course, it didn't stay at Nana's because Livvie threw a fit and just *had* to have it at home. I'm trying really hard to stay positive and try to picture her as some famous drummer in an all girl rock and roll band. And in my mind, I think of how I'll look back at this time and laugh. Cooper, on the other hand, hates the drums and screams bloody murder the second he hears them. I can't blame him though, she hits the darn things so hard I'm surprised they aren't broke yet. And if she was just old enough to actually have some rhythm, it wouldn't be so bad! All I know is her drum set is ranking on up on the list of things I hate!

No comments: