Sunday, February 05, 2006

In the Army















A few months ago Al and I got Olivia a new puppy - a mix between a Shitzu (very appropriate name by the way) and a Yorkie. He was cute - black and white, and Olivia named him Rocky Balboa. Ok, so maybe her Daddy named him Rocky Balboa, but whatever! Truth is, Olivia loved this dog, but with both Al and I working in Florence, and having to leave the dog in the house all day, house breaking this dog just wasn't happening. So, we made a choice.....we had to get rid of Rocky. Thanks to Anna, we found someone to take Rocky off our hands. What in the world would I tell Livvie though?

The lie that I am forever bound to is this - Rocky joined the army to learn how to herd sheep. She bought it - and so far, hasn't really mentioned him since. She has told a few people where Rocky has gone, so I guess she's ok with it. Although she did act like he was still here the day after he left which I thought I was kind of strange, but she's past that now. She dropped crayons on the floor and screamed, "No Rocky! Don't get them!" and jumped down off the couch like she was protecting them. Like I said, she's past that now, but it did sort of give me the hibbe jibbes (I have no idea how to spell this). I'm really surprised at how well she is taking Rocky being gone. I guess she didn't love the dog as much as I thought she did!

I should have probably told her that we gave Rocky away because of her absolute refusal to use the potty. If I EVER get Olivia potty trained, I'm going to throw a huge party. I feel more stressed out about potty training then anything else I've been through. She's making this transition so difficult and slow. I only hope that when it comes time to potty train Cooper, he's much more willing to learn! Speaking of Cooper, he seems to be feeling better, but he's not at 100%. He's smiling and cooing more which is the Cooper I know. I really hope this isn't some forshadowing of how it's going to be with all his teeth coming through. I just don't think I could handle it!

No comments: