Monday, February 13, 2006

She knows my name


Olivia has asked me several times what my name is. I always tell her the same thing - that my name is Mommy. Al and I try really hard to call each other Mommy and Daddy in front of the babies. Well, I guess Olivia has overheard someone call me Mandy because lately when she feels like I'm not showing her enough attention, she yells "Mandy! Mandy!"

She did this last night when we stopped and got gas. I was reading a magazine and she was chatting away. I was honestly half paying attention to her because the kid talks NON STOP anyways! So all of a sudden I hear "Mandy, do you hear me?" I turned around and said "what did you say?" and of course she repeated "Mandy, do you hear me?" Trying to explain to Olivia that I'm Mommy to her and Cooper and Mandy to Daddy and everyone else is like trying to explain algebra to a 1st grader. It just wasn't happening! I finally just gave up and acted like it didn't bother me (although the constant, Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy Mandy I heard the rest of the way home was aggravating) and she finally forgot all about it. At least for now. I know Olivia and I know that when I least expect it, she's going to bust out with "Mandy! Do you hear me?"

Cooper is feeling lots better! He's finally my sweet little man again. He's learned that he can make noise so that's all he does all day! He just babbles away - it's too cute. And he's found his feet, but he can't quiet hold them yet; his fat little legs just won't cooperate right now. He's such a fun baby. Should I be worried he'll be worse than Olivia Grace? Is that even possible?

No comments: