Friday, February 03, 2006

Chucky Cheese and Broken Hearts

Where does this kid come up with all this stuff? I promise you, I can *never* be prepared for anything that comes out of Olivia Grace's mouth!

On the way home yesterday, Olivia tells me she wants to go to Chucky Cheese. Ok.....I've never mentioned the place to her so I guess she's heard other rugrats at daycare talking about it. Her exact words were "Mommy! I want to go to Chucky Cheese and eat pizza in the bathtub on my plate!". Hmmm....I wasn't aware they had bathtubs at Chucky Cheese, but who am I to burst her little bubble? So, we made a deal.....if she starts using the potty, we'll go to Chucky Cheese. I'm sure this tactic will work for a few days, but like all the other tactics I've tried (remember the Dora "pack pack"?), it'll fail too. It's destined to fail - I just know it. And have you seen the lines at Chucky Cheese? My gosh, they were all the way to the street the last time I went by there.....so she's definitely got to do something really good to go! Maybe I can take her to Pizza Hut and pass it off as Chucky Cheese? Ha!

Also during the ride, Olivia tells me that her Poppy Alton has broken her heart. Poor thing! I asked her what he did to her and she said "nuffin, but he broke my heart!" I think this is my mom's fault - if Olivia is mean, she'll say that she's breaking her Nana's heart. Too funny though - Olivia is such the drama queen already that she even said it in the most pitiful voice ever. Of course, Poppy Alton didn't do a thing to her, she just doesn't forget anything. I know I'll have my hands full with this one!

My poor little Coop is still under the weather. Now this breaks my heart! I feel so bad for my little guy, but it seems that his fever has finally broke. I just hope he gets to feeling better real soon because he's not my sweet little happy man right now. Between him being sick, and Olivia refusing to use the potty, I'm totally stressing! Have I mentioned how much I hate potty training?

No comments: