Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Party Time!

I know, I know, I've been slack and haven't written in a few days.

So, Olivia got invited to a birthday party on Monday. It was Caleb's 3rd birthday ( a little boy from daycare). Actually, Olivia will tell you that Caleb is her boyfriend. I guess I need to watch out for her - she's already growing up way too fast!

Anyways, the party went great. When I finally got there I saw that Olivia had tricked Lauren's mom into swinging her for the first half of the party. Oh, she is a clever one I tell you! She can deceive you with those big brown eyes in a heartbeat! After swinging for awhile, I finally got her to get down and socialize. She refused to eat pizza and refused to eat cake. Just like Olivia - she's not going to make *anything* easy for me. While all the other kids were singing Happy Birthday and eating, Olivia was running around the playground sliding down the slides, etc all by her lonesome. And she was happy with that. I hope this isn't some hint that my child will be anti-social.

I guess I shouldn't really worry all that much about Olivia Grace. When Caleb was trying to open his gifts, Olivia was right there in his way. This kid loves some presents! And they don't even have to be hers. When I wasn't pulling her away from ripping paper off his gifts, she was steady picking gifts out and handing them to him. When he opened something she liked (which was EVERYTHING) she stated that it was hers and grabbed it and ran. Thank goodness she wasn't the only one doing this - Gracie was giving her mommy a run for her money too. It makes me feel better to know that I don't have the only wild child out there!

No comments: