Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ready, Set, Jump

We've all played this game as kid - you climb up on your bed (or your parents bed) and you jump off, trying to go as far as you can. Olivia recently discovered this wonderful game. And the rules are this: count to three, then jump!

But Olivia has her own ideas of how this game should work. Last night she climbed up on my bed and said she was going to jump off. Ok, I said, on the count of the three, jump. So I counted....and when I got to three, Olivia just stared at me. "No Mommy, you have to count more" she said. "Well, count yourself and I'll watch." And so, the variation of the jumping game began. Olivia got posed on the edge of the bed and then carefully started counting. "1....2....3.....4....5.....6.....7......8....JUMP!" And off the bed she flew.

We played this game for awhile before she either got tired of counting or tired of jumping. But leave it to Olivia to make new rules for a game that's old as dirt. She's a smart cookie I tell ya!

No comments: