Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Growing Down

Olivia has this fascination with cough drops - she always wants to eat them for some strange reason. And I for one think she's still too little to have them! So when she found one of my cough drops on my dresser (granted it probably had been there for like 6 months) she immediately wanted one.

Me: Olivia, you really don't need that.
Olivia: Yes me do Mommy, I coughing. *cough cough*
Me: That's a fake cough Olivia Grace
Olivia: But I NEEEEEEDDDD it Mommy, I just need it!
Me: You're not old enough...
Olivia: When me get bigger I can have one?
Me: Yes Olivia, when you get bigger, you can have one.
Olivia: When you grow down Mommy, you can have one too?

How funny is that! Grow down? I wish! Only at her age is growing up and getting older a good thing - and I just had to stop and laugh at her when she said that. You never really know where the conversation will lead with Olivia so I just said "Yes Olivia, when I grow down, I can have one too." And her reply? "Coopey can't have one Mommy because he only has one teeth." She is just too funny! At least she doesn't leave her little brother out!

No comments: