Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I *heart* Noggin!

I am so glad that Noggin is now a part of basic cable! This channel has been an absolute God-send for our household! The kids love the shows that come on - Cooper's favorite is "Wow, Wow, Wubbzy" and Olivia loves "Max and Ruby". I can honestly say that if you were to break into my house and cut on (ok, "cut on" is very Southern, you can also "turn on") one of the two TVs we own, you would find them both on Noggin! I love the fact that the shows are educational and fun for my kids to watch - plus the fact that there is no violence in them makes me even happier.

As much as I love Noggin, I *despise* Cartoon Network. Have you seen the cartoons on this channel lately? They are so graphic and violent, it's not even funny. Who are the geniuses that think kids these days need to MORE cartoons like that? Granted, they aren't all bad, but watch that channel for awhile and see how crazy those cartoons are. I have seriously considered blocking that channel from my TVs. I'm no saint here folks - Cooper adores Spongebob and yeah, I know there's violence on there, but some of those cartoons on CN show characters getting STABBED and blood spurting out their bodies. That to me, is not appropriate for my 3 year and 5 year to watch. Honestly, I don't care how old your kid(s) is/are - that's not appropriate period.

Am I the only one that dislikes this channel? Is there any cartoon out there you don't like your kids to watch? Ok, daily rant over.....I'm stepping down off my soap box. =)

2 comments:

Aron said...

Amen, Sista! I HATE CN. But we LOVE Noggin, too.

analiese said...

Well I hate Noggin :) But I love Disney Channel...mickey mouse club house, handy manny, baby einstien...very eductional also...but balin LOVES and i mean LOVES sponge bob. and i let him watch it too. but the disney stuff is only on in the morning, so we try to get balin to play as much as we can in the evenings. but i have been known to throw in cars or ice age to entertain him!