Sunday, September 14, 2008

Atlanta Trip for Work

I'm back from my work trip to Atlanta. I have to admit, I had a GREAT time while I was there even though I missed my two little monsters and Al! We stayed in the Omni Hotel at the CNN Center in downtown Atlanta. This was the nicest, fanciest hotel I have EVER stayed in! I felt so out of place when we first walked in, but I have to say, every single person that worked there was super nice and always helped me out. After work on Thursday, Pam and I met up with my brother and Randy and went out to dinner with them - I will post pics of that on my next post. Then on Friday, we pretty much worked an eight hour day so we opted to meet up with my friend Jz at the hotel bar - I'll post those pics in another post too. But on Saturday morning, our boss let us off right after breakfast so we headed over to Centennial Park and walked around and then went to the World of Coca-Cola and took the tour. OMG, it was ssssoo much fun! We watched a really cool 4-D show and then went to the tasting room and tried out all the different flavored drinks from around the world. I definitely want to take the kids back there! They would have a ball and it was very inexpensive.....we were literally across the street from the Coke building, the aquarium, the kids museum, and a bunch of other stuff. So, we did a lot of walking on Saturday! After the Coke tour, we went and had lunch at the food court of the CNN center and decided to take the tour of the CNN center. It was ok.....not boring, but not really what I had expected either. But, for $12, I learned a lot about how the news works! LOL Anyways, here's some pictures......
History lesson here folks - this is the world's tallest escalator.....I can't remember how tall it is, but trust me, you don't want to look down! This is where you started the CNN Center tour.


There were CNN flags and huge billboards all over the place and the hotel. I was really hoping I would get a glimpse of Anderson Cooper. I did see Fredrika though!

The Olympic Rings at Centennial Park. They shoot up water and have some really cool water shows.


This is an over-view shot of the Park. The round hotel in the background is the Weston....you can see all the damage from the tornado that hit downtown. A lot of the windows were blown out! Even our hotel had a ton of broken windows in it. The Weston's windows are curved and the company that originally made them are out of business now so they are in quite a pickle! I've stayed at the Weston before too for NAFED, and on the tip top is a revolving restaurant.....very cool!


This was my room. I was the ONLY person that got double beds.....every one else got nice big King size beds.....not that I'm jealous or anything....I'm just saying....

More pictures to come!

No comments: