Saturday, October 13, 2007

Children of the Corn

Building memories.

That's what I keep telling myself that Al and I are doing by doing so-called fun things with the kids. We could have went to the Sweet Potato Festival in Darlington today (where I knew we would have tons of fun), but nnnnnoooooo....I just *had* to take them to the corn maze. We loaded up the kids and drove out to Pims Farms. I will admit - that maze was HARD. You basically walk around LOST until you come to a number on a post. Then you look at the nifty little questionnaire they give you and depending on your answer (if it's right or wrong), you either get MORE LOST or find the next number. And the questions are answers *no one* would know the frigging answers too. I mean, do you know if corn has a.) 250 b.) 1,000 or c.) 3,500 uses in the world? I had no frigging clue! Al and I basically got to where we just let Olivia lead the way. Needless to say, we didn't make it out with the Farmer coming and getting us. How pathetic are we?


Olivia in the corn.....she wasn't too thrilled about all the walking she had to do. She takes after Mommy in the "laziness" department. =)


Cooper found number 8!!!! Only two more numbers to find to get out of that heck hole! LOL Why didn't we use the emergency exit we passed 20 minutes ago????


Proof we made it out alive...the kids got to ride the "cow train" afterwards. They LOVED it.


Mommy, Cooper, and Olivia on the wagon ride around the farm. It was such a nice and pretty day and the kids loved the ride. Isn't the field behind us just so pretty and green?


Al at the beginning of the maze. He's just like all men and suck at directions! =)

Honestly, it was a lot of fun. I think they have the corn maze open at night too. I couldn't imagine going through at night......especially since we couldn't even make it out during the day. I don't think I'll be attempting a corn maze again for awhile. Ha ha!

No comments: