Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My New Philosphy


I thought you all would like this little "poem".

Dust if you must .......
but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture or write a letter, bake cookies or a cake and lick the spoon or plant a seed,or wouldn't it be worth while for us to ponder the difference between want and need? Dust if you must,but there's not much time . . . .
with desserts to eat, rivers to swim and mountains to climb, music to hear and books to read, friends to cherish and life to lead.
Dust if you must,
but the world's out there with the sun in your eyes,the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain. This day will not come around, again.
Dust if you must, but bear in mind,old age will come and it's not kind. .
And when you go - and go you must - you, yourself will make more dust!

I spend too much of my free time worrying about keeping my house clean, my kids clean, my car clean and not enough time enjoying myself! So, I'm going back to my "monthly" resolutions and making this one my April/May resolution - to spend more time enjoying the time with my family and friends and less time worrying about other stuff. ;) Wish me luck!


No comments: