Thursday, February 26, 2009

Running and cracking knuckles

I've started something I said I would never do - I started running. Granted, I can't run far or for a long period of time yet, but I'm working on it. Michele has tried and tried to get me to run with her for awhile and I always told her that the only way I would run was if Jason (you know Hockey Mask Jason from the horror movies) or some other bugger was chasing me. But, my friend Pam has been running a bit, and since I hate to be left out of anything (Pam and I walk together almost daily), I decided to start running with her. I totally give into peer pressure too easily. Ha! I'm on day three and I can already tell a difference. I was able to go farther and not be AS out of breath as I was on day one. I think Pam and I would like to "train" to do a run/walk sometime later in the year. We walk 3 miles pretty much Monday-Friday (weather permitting of course) and run/jog/gasp desperately for air for about the last 600 yards - it's basically from one marker to the next on the track. I know that doesn't sound like a long way, but trust me.....it is! My goal is to run the entire track by my birthday. We'll see if that happens. Wish me luck - I love to exercise but running has NEVER been my thing, but I figured if Pam could do it, so could I and so far, she's been a great motivator to keep me at it.

Oh, on top of running, I'm trying to break probably my worst habit - cracking my knuckles. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I check myself doing it without even realizing. My fingers are going to fall off if I don't soon stop!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This is an awesome goal. I'm impressed. I think that sounds like a good kind of peer pressure. I think running is like medicine for my mood...it always makes me feel more energy and more alive!

And this is random but did you know that your little girl has the middle names of myself and my mom? My mom's middle name is Olivia and my middle name is Grace. I love it!