Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I don't agree....

Call me a hard a$$ but I really don't agree w/Michael Phelps getting off scott(?) free. I mean, the sheriff said there was "no proof" he really smoked marijuana out of the bong. HELLO!!! What do you think he was doing with the darn thing? I honestly feel that he should have been held responsible for his actions. He's NOT a kid - he's a 23 year old MAN and in any other circumstance, he would want to be treated like a man. And this wasn't his first offense either folks....no, MP has also gotten out of an ugly DUI charge in the past. *sigh*

I guess I just expect one of the greatest Olympic athletes of our time to try to be a better role model. I know he's not perfect and I don't expect him to be - but come on....use your head! If you're going to do stuff like smoke pot or whatever, at least do it in private and NOT get your picture taken. I mean, how stupid was that?

Anyways, that's just a rant of mine - a friend of mine and I disagree on this subject. She thinks smoking pot is no big deal. I just feel like he should have his head smacked or something. If he kills all his brain cells, he may not remember how to swim. =) And I know....he's not the only one doing it - but as my mom would say, "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you too?" Just because he's not the only "celebrity" doing it, doesn't rationalize that he shouldn't have to be held responsible. So what's your opinion? Am I being too hard on good ole Michael Phelps?

No comments: