Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Am I ready for more?

I've been "running" with Pam for about a week now. We walk 3 miles and do our running at the very end - well, we started by running from one marker to the next on the track. Not too bad - it's about 530 yards or more between the two. Doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me, when you're running it - it feels like the longest 500+ yards EVER. I am proud of myself for keeping up with it....I can't honestly say I "ENJOY" running, but I'm trying really hard to get healthy. I hate the fact that I was in decent shape before I had the kids and I've totally let myself go. LOL So anyways, yesterday Pam informs me that we'll be going to TWO markers of running. ACK!!!! AM I READY FOR MORE???? I don't know, but I'll try. After all, my goal is to run the entire track by November. At this rate of pushing myself, I might meet that goal earlier. We'll see. So, please keep the encouragement coming - I definitely need it!

Oh, and Pam and I are toying with the idea of doing the Avon Breast Cancer walk in Charlotte in October. It's a 2 day/39 mile walk. Yeap - you read that right.....39 miles! I'm waiting on some more information about it but we'd like to give it a try. I'll keep you posted on that.

Can you believe it's March already? My baby girl turns six in one month!!!! =(

2 comments:

Beth said...

A lot of people have heard of this but never tried it. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I did it modified...and 2 other people I know have done it with great success. I'm not up to running 7 miles (with a half marathon planned)...I used to not be able to run 1/4 of a mile! (if that)...give it a try. :-)

Beth said...

*now up to running (not "not up to running")