Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Near term babies

My mom told me about an article in the newspaper about "near term" babies - she said I should google it and read it up on it. For those of you who don't know - Cooper was born a month early due to my blood pressure being so high. That was the easy part....the hard part was the fact he had problems feeding and turned as yellow as a crayon. It's the worst feeling in the world to be sent home from the hospital WITHOUT your baby. Al and I had to do that for several days. It almost killed us. Now Cooper is a happy, healthy almost 4 year old. But man is he B-A-D!!! I thought it was just him being a boy - and maybe some of it is, but I think some of it has to do with this too. At least, I can tell myself that right? Cooper has had a time adjusting to school and for the longest time I thought it was because he was spoiled so much at daycare. After reading this article and a few others, I think it has to do a lot with the fact that he's developing at a different pace than his peers. I thought this article and a few others were very interesting - I recommend anyone who has a child born 4 weeks or more early to read up on this.




I love my little man - no matter how wild he is.

No comments: