Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Almost six

When you ask Olivia how old she is she'll say "I'm five, almost six! My birthday is April 4th, 2003." Well, the countdown is on baby! My first born, my baby girl, my child that is more like me than I can believe will be SIX on Saturday! I can't believe it. Seriously, can I put a rock on her head and make her stop growing? She is so independent, so free willed, so out spoken, and has such a strong personality. She is such a daddy's girl but loves to tell me secrets. She is overly protective of her baby brother but refers to him as her "Little BOTHER." She has lost 4 teeth in the last few months and has *another* loose tooth. She loves school, loves to read, and can remember details that even I'd forgotten about. She absorbs EVERYTHING. She's my little sponge, my mini-me as my Mom says, and the reason my life has a purpose. I can remember how nervous Al was about having a daughter - being worried that he wouldn't know what to do with her - now he's wrapped. She gets away with murder.

I love her. We love her. Everyone who meets her loves her. I can't wait for Saturday. Can't wait to wake my baby girl up singing Happy Birthday and kissing her sweet, round face over and over again until she's laughing.

No comments: