Monday, January 28, 2008

A 5 year olds vocabulary

Olivia is ssooo funny. Yes, she is almost 5 years old, but she thinks she's going to be 10 years old.....or even 16 years old! Al and I can't get over how much Olivia has learned these last 4 years...she surprises us with something new everyday. And we love it! Sure, Olivia has a strong personality, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

So, Olivia has come home the last few weeks saying some really big words. I mean, words that are kind of hard to explain. For one, she can tell you all about gingivitis. Which I find really, really funny. Don't worry, she doesn't have it, but she knows what it means! And just this weekend, I heard her tell Cooper "Wow, Cooper that sure is IMPRESSIVE"....I mean really, impressive? How many almost 5 year olds even KNOW what that means? Oh, and she told Nana that it was "very rude to Interrupt people" - how funny is that? Especially since she's the one doing most, if not all, the interrupting. =)

Olivia definitely never, ever ceases to amaze us - she keeps us on our toes for sure! She can spit out words that *I* don't even use a daily basis - it's just so fun to watch her learn all these new things. She's not the only one though - her little brother is not far behind her at all. In Cooper news, he's still doing well with the potty. We went to the store and got him some undies and he seems to really enjoy wearing them. Al said he felt like we would be diaper free in a few months. I sure hope he's right, for more reasons than one. Do you have any idea how happy I would be to NEVER, EVER, EVER buy diapers again?

I think my heart will explode!

No comments: