Monday, November 12, 2007

My two cents

I don't like giving out advice when it comes to kids. For one - I think it makes me sound snotty and two - there are some things that I think all parents need to learn on their own. But I will give my two cents on kids and movies. Not all two year olds are ready to go see a movie in the theater.

And just because your precious little two year old will sit quietly in his/her car seat in your van and watch Brother Bear every single day, doesn't mean you'll get the same reaction in the theater. Trust me.

Al and I took Olivia and Cooper to see the Bee Movie over the weekend - it was Al's idea to take Cooper - and it was very interesting! I thought that once we got some popcorn that Cooper would munch on that and watch the movie. WRONG!!!! He yelled at the screen (I want dat! Beep Beep! My mommy!) for most of the movie. Finally towards the middle of it, he started getting sleepy and calmed down some. Olivia did great - although she did bug me by asking for a sip of drink every two seconds.

Oh, and don't try buying one big thing of popcorn for two kids - that starts fights in the middle of the movie. We learned that the hard way too.

No comments: