Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I hate Family Bed!!!

One of my coworkers' grandson calls his mom and dad's bed the "family bed" because they all sleep together. This might work for some families, and some families may enjoy co-sleeping, and that's fine by me, but I HATE FAMILY BED!!!! Neither one of my kids are good bed mates. Olivia kicks all night and steals my covers - Cooper likes to sleep sideways and plant his head right under my rib cage. I wake up in the morning feeling like I've been beat up or something. It just doesn't work for us.

The last two weeks though Cooper has been "sneaking" into bed with me and Al late at night. As clumsy as he is in the daytime, he's like a toddler ninja at night. I can't even feel when he gets in bed. I just wake up and he's there and I have no idea how long he's been wedged between the two of us. And that makes me ill....very ill. It's like he's getting one by me or something. I do triumph though because once I realize he's there, I make Al go put him back in his own bed. And you know what? He stays there for the rest of the night....what's up with that? Why didn't you just stay there in the first place? I don't know how to break this habit but I'm going to work on it. Again, no offense to the co-sleeping families out there. =)

This isn't a great pic of Cooper but I was trying to coax him down the big slide.


Olivia - she's such a little comic! Her teachers asked her to draw a picture of something she does with her family so she drew a picture of me reading to her and Cooper. When Mrs. Chure asked her where her daddy was, she said "oh, he's in the picture too, you just can't see him because he's in the bathroom stinking!" I laughed until I had tears!

Oh, and Mrs. Chure said that Olivia was scaring her because she went from being a class clown to listening very well in class and behaving and doing a wonderful job. Chure said she is a great student and has the best personality *ever*. So, I have one little thing to say - TAKE THAT EMMANUEL!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toddler ninjas are very stealthy that's for sure! OMG - I bet Al was a little red in the face! Your little fam is SO funny! I love reading your posts! -JW