Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The First Born Reigns Supreme and Sappy Stuff

Cooper LOVES taking baths - actually both the kids do. Olivia will ask you at 3pm to give her a bath. She doesn't care what time it is, as long as she can get in. And Cooper wants to get in the tub *right* time he gets home from daycare. No eating first Mommy....I want a bath NOW! So, I usually kill two birds with one stone and throw them in the tub together. It's worked really well so far (except for the occasionally "why does Cooper have a wee wee comment" from Olivia) until last night. Cooper will probably NEVER get back in the tub now.

Little background story....Al and I bought a new tub for our house the year after we moved in. We even splurged a little and got a jacuzzi tub. We love it....I don't use it as much as I use too but that's because my tub has been taken over by two little monsters. So anyways....

Back to last night. Somewhere in the mist of them playing and me trying to wash the 4 layers of dirt off Cooper's little body, Olivia hit the button to make the jacuzzi come on. Water shot up everywhere, it made a loud noise and shot poor little Cooper right in the head from two different directions. The poor kid climbed UP my shirt and had us both soaking wet. He cried and clung to me like a wet, little monkey. Olivia just sat there and coolly said "Sorry, it was an accident. No spankings Mommy." Hmmmm.....was it really an accident or is this part of Olivia's plan to get her own bath time back? I'm sensing a Bad Seed vibe from her. Ha ha! I put Cooper back in the tub to try to show him there was no reason to be scared but he just cried. So, I took him out. Mean, mean little girl! Olivia - 450246450 Cooper - 2.

Anyways, after the excitement had died down, Al and I dressed the kids and got them ready for bed. I have to admit, I have the same routine every night before I go to bed. I creep into Olivia's room and make sure she's covered up and kiss her goodnight and whisper "I love you to the moon and back" and then I just look at her. I do the same thing with Cooper. Sometimes I catch myself tearing up looking at their beautiful little faces because I can't believe they are mine. Really mine. I know I'm a mom, but shoot, sometimes I still don't feel like it and still don't feel like I'm *worthy* of having two great kids. I still feel like I'm learning and God knows I make mistakes with them. I feel so blessed and I thank God everyday for them. I don't know what I did to deserve them. I must be doing something right since I'm Olivia Grace's best friend huh? Anyways, that's me being sappy.....

Wow, I wrote a novel today.....

No comments: