Wednesday, September 30, 2009

With

Olivia is learning to read. And this process is a learning process for Mommy. It's during homework time that I find that I am reminded that parenting can be hard work sometimes. I expect Olivia and Cooper to be perfect - and I constantly have to remind myself that they are human. God didn't make them perfect, doesn't expect them to be, so I shouldn't either. Homework time is a struggle for Olivia and I. Not because she can't do the work - but because she tries to do it so fast and it get it over with. We go over a list of 100 sight words almost nightly and the harder words are a breeze for OGG. But every time, and I mean EVERY time we get to the word "with" - she totally clams up and can't remember it. It frustrates me ssssssooo much; but I know it's frustrating for her too. She's a little sponge and can remember EVERYTHING so this one little word that is giving her trouble drives her nuts. I know she'll get it, she's too smart NOT too but WITH might just be the death of me! :) I love how much she can read now - and she loves to show off her skills. We may throw a party when she memorizes this word!

No comments: