Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Stickers on headboard

Al is anal about furniture. I won't lie. Won't try to make any excuses for him. He is *very* particular about how furniture looks and should look. He totally freaks out every time the dining room table gets a scratch. Me....not so much. I don't want my furniture to look BAD, but I see those scratches as badges of honor, as character, as memories. He thinks I'm nuts - I think he's nuts!

So, anyways, Cooper loves dinosaurs. He has a big book with all sorts of pictures and yeap - you guessed it - stickers of dinosaurs. Last night when he went to bed, I walked in his room to check on him and he said (in his sleepy voice which is sssssssooo dang cute) - "Tank you Mommy for the dinosaw stickers." It MELTED my heart. Yes, I saw the stickers on the headboard and yes, I know they probably *shouldn't* be there but I didn't care. Al, on the other hand, fussed about them. "Don't you know how long it'll take to get them off?" he asked me. My response? "I honestly don't care if they come off or not!" We left it at that. And FYI - they are still there! :)

Olivia does this sort of thing too - and as much as I know Al hates it - I can't bring myself to really stopping it. I won't let them RUIN anything with stickers, but honestly, what are a few stickers on your closet door or your headboard going to hurt? The kids are being kids, that's what they do. And I kinda like finding stickers in places - reminds me that being a child is about having fun, no worries, no problems. Simple times. Why take that away from them? It might be a pain to get those dinosaurs stickers off that headboard later, but for now, they make Cooper happy - make him remember something about us - and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Jz said...

I have Dora stickers on my bathroom cabinet, nail polish on my bathtub, & Sharpie marker on my end tables. :) Now the marker & nail polish I wasn't too thrilled about - thank God my tables were free & the bathtub is old as Methusala(sp?). I'm with you!

Teresa said...

I have had really good luck with peanut butter getting stickers off...but only when you are ready to let them go.