Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pat Conroy

Me, Pam, Teresa, and our newest book club member, Halley went to Columbia today to get our books signed by Pat Conroy. We are reading his latest "South of Broad" and thought it would be fun to actually meet him. Teresa got pictures of everyone on her iPhone so I'll share that later. He was a very nice man - although I only got to actually talk to him for about 30 seconds. But he did personalize our books which I thought was really cool! We had to wait in line for about an hour and a half but we didn't really seem to notice because we ran our mouths the entire time. Ha ha! I will definitely try to go to more book signings! Something about having the author actually sign your book makes it really neato.

Oh, and I love Red Robin now - I had a grilled salmon burger and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!

No comments: