Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rush!

As most of my loyal blog readers know, I had my gallbladder removed this past October. I had been having "stomach issues" for a good 3 years before I finally found out what was causing all my problems. What a HUGE relief it's been. You have no idea how much better you feel when you get your digestive system back in order. Of course, my happiness was very short lived because I then developed IBS - which SUCKS. I have struggled with finding ways to alleviate my problems for almost a year. A few months ago, I happened upon a website for Digestive Advantage - it's a medical food that is geared specifically towards IBS (they also have a few other OTC remedies for things like Lactose Intolerance) and thought I would give it a try. It has worked WONDERS. I take this pill every day, steer clear of my "trigger" foods and I have done G-R-E-A-T. I still have days where my stomach bothers me, but they are few and far between. Basically this pill contains all the healthy bacteria that you would find in things like yogurt; however, yogurt was one of my trigger foods so I couldn't eat it. I feel like a million bucks compared to how I felt a year ago. I haven't had caffeine in a good 4 months so this morning I thought I would drink a Dr. Pepper. I figured since this medicine has been working so well, I would see how I reacted to my trigger items. I took 3 sips and I swear I could tell a difference immediately! LOL I seriously felt tingly and like I could climb the walls. Wow! I had to put the rest of the drink away because there is just no way I can drink that. How crazy is that? I do miss Dr. Pepper though - I wish they made Caffeine free Dr Pepper! :)

Anyways, if you are looking for a good website for WW points, try this one www.dwlz.com - I go here almost every day now.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Mmmmmm, Dr. Pepper! Hehe, glad to hear you have things under control....is it just acidophilus that you're taking? That always helps my tummy and I don't have IBS.

Oh, and this website is good too... http://aimeesadventures.com/

Jz said...

they make caff free diet dr pepper - i drink it. :)