Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope everyone has a good time grilling out and spending time with families and/or friends! We are headed over to Al's parents house to grill out and watch the fireworks.

I promised a few people I would post a picture of the porch on our house. We put siding up on it and around the eves of the roof. It looks FABULOUS! It's not completely finished yet, we still have to work on the roof of the porch and painting around the windows and painting the shutters. Not much longer though. Al and my dad are in the process of putting tile up around the bathtub so Al is busy, busy, busy with home projects. =)

Casa de Griggs

Since taking this picture, Al has added the sage green siding to the area under the windows on the porch. The house was originally painted brown with black shutters and the porch was stained. I really love how bright the porch looks since painting it white. So, here's my dilemma....I plan on re-staining my swing because it's just too nice to mess up with paint. BUT, I am considering painting the rocking chairs - should I paint them white or red? I kind of like the idea of painting them red to off set the green on the porch and accent the door, but I don't know. What do all my blog readers thing? White, red or should I just re-stain them?

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Turkey! The house looks great! Al did Good! Take care I'm leaving tomorrow! Angela

Chat with Kathleen said...

First time visitor, love your blog,
Your house and porch is so inviting and lovely.
There are always many projects to do when you own property, but it is fun.
I love contrast so I would definitely go for the red.

Anonymous said...

RED RED RED ... right now you really can't see them & the red would make them POP! Love it ... I'm jealous ... can you light a fire under my hubby's & mine butts?