Monday, December 01, 2008

Is it December Already?

I feel like I just had a mini-vacation! Wow, what a jam packed 4 days we had! We had so much fun - it was so hard getting up this morning and getting the kids back into their routine!

First off - GO TIGERS!!! Al and my dad went to the Clemson/Carolina game on Saturday. Which left me at home all day with the kids. Well, I decided it would be a great morning to ride to Florence and go see a movie. We saw Bolt and I recommend it to anyone. The kids loved it and I thought it was really cute too. I actually liked it better than Madagascar 2. Louis' birthday party was also Saturday (Happy Birthday Lou Lou!!!) at the skating rink. I can't tell you how many times I took skates off and put them back on. Off/on, off/on....I thought I would lose my mind. The kids had a lot of fun - Olivia even skated with "big girl" skates on. She's still got a ways to go but she's getting better at it each time.

Friday we put up our Christmas tree and all our outdoor decorations. The kids were on cloud nine helping me with the tree. I let them put the ornaments on - of course, after they went to sleep, I *had* to fix them and fill in all the gaps! LOL Now I have to figure out a way to keep their little hands OFF the tree. They are driving me crazy constantly touching it and pulling ornaments off and then saying "oops, this one fell" - Yeah right! =)

I'm still stuffed from Thanksgiving! It's my second favorite holiday behind Christmas. I look forward to eating up to my eyeballs in turkey and dressing each year. When else do you get to do that???? My poor dad had to work though so that he could be off on Saturday to go to the game....we missed him but he didn't really seem to mind working. =)

So anyways, that's our update over the holidays. I'll post some pictures of Louis' party later. I may even try to get one of the front of the house. If you know me, I don't do decorations (only a tree in the house) so the fact that Al and I have decorations on the porch and in the yard is a big thing. I really got bit by the Christmas bug this year! LOL I guess I'm just so excited because this is the first year *BOTH* my kids have been into Christmas and really looking forward to it. I mean, the only way I can keep Cooper out of trouble is to say "I'll call Santa!" so we're having a ball right now. I'm not sure the Easter Bunny will have the same effect on him though........ha ha!

1 comment:

Aron said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!