Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hmmm.....where to start.....

You wouldn't believe all that's gone on since I last posted! Let's see, where to start? Well, for starters, the motor in the Ranger BLEW. Yeap, you read that right - the motor went out in Al's truck. Perfect timing I tell ya. So, we've spent the last week and half carpooling and weighing our options. Spend a fortune to fix a 93 Ranger or look and see if we could find a good deal on something newer and used. After talking about it, praying about it, and asking everyone we knew what *they* would do - we decided to look for Al a new truck. He bought a 2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab. It's black (just like his old Ram - ha ha, and he said he's NEVER have another black truck) and loaded. We got an AWESOME deal on it so I can't complain. I really think Al is on cloud nine right now. =) I like it simply because it's got 4 doors and a back seat - I hated only having one vehicle we all could fit into.

We had a really fun weekend this weekend. We made Gingerbread houses over at Gamma and Papa's house on Saturday. And we went to the park and the kids put their letters to Santa in the mail box by the HUGE Christmas tree in the middle of town. I'm ready to get the kids fed and off to bed! I'm beat! =)

Making gingerbread houses at Gamma's. The kids really enjoyed this! So Tina and myself - it was the first time either of us had done one.


Tina and Loren's train.


Olivia and her finished house - her Aunt Mary helped her with hers.


Cooper cheesing with his house - I did all the hard work folks - he simply ate candy off the house and stole some of the icing! LOL



The Christmas Tree in the middle of town - see Olivia to the left? That thing is HUGE.

Don't you just love Cooper's face? He was mad because I asked him to stand beside me instead of sitting on the ground. Stinker!

The kids putting their Santa letters in the "Santa Mailbox" - whoever thought of that idea is a genius.....the kids loved doing this!

The kids in their Christmas clothes before church this morning.....aren't they the cutest ever? =)

1 comment:

Jennifer Burch said...

they are cute!