Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last night....

was not one of my best Mommy Moments! Since the kids are in school now, I'm making more of an effort to read them a couple of books every night before bed. Cooper and Olivia ADORE this....so how can I go wrong?

Well, for starters, I guess I should be more careful with the books I choose to read to them! I picked out "There are Monsters Everywhere" because Olivia loves that book, so I just knew Cooper would too. I was wrong. Very, very wrong. He sat there looking at the book the whole time with this confused, almost terrified look on his face. My gut said "Ok, maybe you should stop and get another book" - but since when do *I* listen to my gut? I kept reading and put the kids to bed afterwards. I seriously thought he was fine until he woke up twice last night and ended up in my bed. I think his little body was attached to mine all night long. Now, I'm not 100% it was the story that scared him, but I have a feeling it probably didn't help any!

*sigh* I will just blame it on Al.....way to go Al!!!! =) Anyways, sorry it's been almost a week since my last post. It's been busy and it's been hard work getting the kids used to their routine again. I signed Olivia up for tap lessons again this year yesterday so I'm excited for those to start up. I think I will get out the Pooh Bear books tonight! =)

No comments: