Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trip to the Beach


I had a bad day Thursday.....I mean, a REALLY, REALLY bad day so I decided Friday afternoon that I wanted to go to the beach and have a nice, fun weekend to get me out of my funk. And it WORKED. Al and I had ssssooo much fun with the kids this weekend. We left on Saturday afternoon and went down to the beach and stayed at the Landmark Restort on the Blvd. It's an older hotel, but it has tons of indoor pool things for the kids to do. We walked down on the beach a few times, but the water was ssssoooo cold that we spent 99% of the time in the hotel pools. Olivia and Cooper LOVE the beach and really didn't want to leave!

I'm glad we went down - it really put things back into perspective for me.....things go wrong, but there's always someone out there in worst shape than you. So my advice - I highly recommend BEACH THERAPY. =) It worked for me. Ha! Here's some pictures from the weekend.

Olivia on the beach - she was so happy to be there....she now says she wants to live at the beach this summer. Uh oh!

I LOVE this pic of Olivia.....

Olivia insisted on sitting in the elevator......every single time we went on it. Which was a lot and trust me, it got annoying when Cooper started doing it too. LOL




Cooper in the lazy river with Daddy. He loved the water just as much as his Sissy.


Cooper aka Beach Baby 2008



Olivia playing with Daddy in the pool at the hotel.


Olivia in the lazy river.

My three favorite people in the whole wide world......

My two beach bums......



Cooper and Daddy playing in the pool.


Cooper kept getting out the pool to dry off and then would jump back in the pool....don't ask, I have no idea!

It was a really nice quick trip - our friends Michele and Chris came down with their crew too so it was a lot of fun. I wish we had went down on Friday night and stayed longer! We don't normally do trips like this, but it was well worth it! I definitely want to do it again SOON!


2 comments:

Aron said...

I'm feeling the need for a little "beach therapy" of my own! I LOVE un-planned trips like that. Good for y'all for doing it!

Anonymous said...

how jealous am i that you can just leave on a fri afternoon & be at the beach just like that?! i miss that about living in hville/latta. i go through beach w/drawals so bad this time of there. i gotta get home! i'm glad ya'll had a good time!