Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thought about it yet?

Olivia is fascinated with death - I'm sure if you've ever read this blog before, you can remember me talking about this. So, school is out and both the kids are going to daycare. Olivia finds this is the perfect time to talk about death. She does it on purpose because she knows it freaks me out!


Olivia: Mommy, why do they have graveyards?
Me: *sigh* Because that's where people get buried after they die.
O: Am I going to die Mommy?
Me: UGH....yes, one day Olivia but I hope and pray you are 110 years old first.
O: What do you put in the grave?
Me: The skeleton.
O: Even the head?
Me: Yes, even the head.
O: Why?
Me: Because your spirit goes to Heaven and you don't need your body anymore. Can we PLEASE talk about something else?
O: No. How will my spirit walk with no spine?
Me: You won't need it.
O: Where are you going to bury me?
Me: I don't know!!!! I don't want to talk about this.
O: You need to think about it.
*several minutes pass.......I think she's done with this but then all of a sudden...........*
O: So, you thought about it yet?


ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I have one little freaky kid! And of course Cooper is being *completely* silent through this FIVE MINUTE conversation (even though it felt much, much longer) making it feel even more creepy.


Oh, and then to top that off....when I picked them up that afternoon, the first thing Olivia says to me is "So, have you thought about it yet?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG ... better you than me!

Anonymous said...

Great work.