Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Little Mermaid



Has it really been 10 years since the Little Mermaid came out? Wow! I can remember watching it on VHS (am I showing my age yet?) at Rachel's house back in the day. It was re-released on Tuesday and Nana got Olivia a copy. Olivia LOVES this movie.....she has probably watched it 10 times already and it's only Thursday. She is upset, however, that Melody is not in this movie. I've explained to her 100 times that Melody is in the second Little Mermaid movie, that this one is about her mommy. She's not impressed. I'm waiting for her to tell me she wants to be Ariel for Halloween now instead of Dora to the Rescue. But I keep reminding her about Dora so hopefully I won't have that issue with her. Wish me luck......Oh, and because of this silly movie (yes I called it silly darnit!), Olivia will NOT leave her hair pulled up. She wants to have it down, completely down and all in her eyes because as she tells me "Ariel wears her hair like this MOM"....since when have I been bumped to MOM? I want to be Mommy!!!! She sounds so grown. I hate it.

Speaking of Halloween, I found a costume at Nana's house that is a 12 month size. We completely forgot that they sent the wrong size last year! So Cooper gets to be Pooh Bear. I'm sure he won't mind....he's not into all this jazz yet. Next year though, it'll be on!!!

No comments: