Monday, October 23, 2006

Deja vu

Olivia is really starting to act like her Mommy! Ok, background story time: I hated school....I mean, *loathed* school when I was little. I'm talking kindergarten days people! And I always seemed to fool my dad into thinking I was sick and letting me stay home with my Grandma Hill or my Grandma Alma. :) He was such a sucker! And I got away with it for a long time before my mom put a stop to that! Ha ha!

So anyways, this morning Olivia comes in my bedroom, plops down on the bed and announces that she is not going to school today.
Me: You're not?
O: Nope, I'm staying home and playing all day.
Me: Hmmm, no, you have to go to school.
O: But why? I don't want to go.
Me: Well, Mommy and Daddy have to go to work so you and Cooper have to go to school.
O: *sigh* OK.

It was like I was having deja vu right there! I can remember having the same conversation with my dad many, many moons ago!

No comments: