Monday, May 22, 2006

Boxing Match

Growing up, my cousin Keisha andI would get the same gift for Christmas from our Grandma Alma. It never failed, if I got a sweater, Keisha got a sweater. If I got some perfume, Keisha got the same perfume. It got to the point to where Keisha and I had to open our presents at the same time so we wouldn't ruin it for each other! Ha! There is six months age difference between me and Keisha, and the same goes for Livvie and my niece, Loren. My Grandma Alma was on to something though - and I learned that lesson last night!

Al and I dropped the kids off at the in-laws house and went grocery shopping. Olivia ran off to play with Loren and didn't even notice we were gone! Well, I had promised Olivia a surprise so I found these cute plastic recorders for like $1. I got a purple one and a yellow one, because I wanted to surprise Loren as well. Well, my gut feeling told me to get the same color in both, but for whatever reason, I ignored it! Fast forward the story a little, the girls picked out the ones they wanted - Olivia with purple and Loren with 'wellow". They ran off to play with them and all was well.......until Olivia took the notion that Loren's yellow one was better than hers. Then the fight began! She cried - Loren blew her's harder - Olivia screamed, tried to grab Loren's away - Loren ran from her and kept on playing her yellow recorder.

Finally Olivia calmed down when Loren left to go home and now she loves the purple recorder. Even took it to school this morning, which one of those thieves at daycare will steal. But that's fine with me because she's driving me crazy with the stupid thing!

I never knew my Grandma was on to something with our matching gifts, but man, oh man, I'll definitely be following in her footsteps! :)

No comments: