Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day!

I meant to get on here Monday and wish everyone a very happy Memorial Day!  But I was home, in bed, sick as a dog, with a stomach bug.  Not a fun way to spend a day off from work.  Boo.

We did celebrate some on Sunday with my in-laws.  We grilled out hamburgers and let the kids run wild.  They loved it.  Al and I went riding on the Harley and guess what?  We got caught in the rain! 

I can tell you right now, riding a motorcycle in the rain is NOT FUN.  Rain feels like tiny, ninja like knives trying to cut you to pieces.  I know people passing by were laughing at us.  I would be laughing if I were in my car!  Ha ha!  Heck - I WAS laughing at us!  Thankfully we were close to home so we didn't get too, too wet.  Ok, that's a lie - we were close to home but we still got soaked.  I guess you can say I'm a true rider.  :)~

I hope all you guys had a wonderful Memorial Day and took time to say thanks to all the men and women who serve our country.  Our freedoms aren't free and if it weren't for those people, the United States wouldn't be the what it is today. 

Oh, and Happy 40th anniversary to my parents!!!  In today's society the fact they've made it this long is exceptional.  They are such an inspiration to Al and I and I hope to see them celebrate many, many, many more!  I love you Mom and Dad!  Hope you have a great anniversary!

No comments: