Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just Call me Chef Mandy

If you're a regular on my blog, you know that Al is the cook of the house.  I get grief about this from time to time, but mostly everyone is jealous that my man cooks.  :) 

You should be.  He's one good cook! 

But lately for some odd reason, probably thanks to Pinterest, I've got the "cooking" bug.  I mean, like planning a menu out for the week so I can cook EVERY night type of cooking bug.  I have to admit, I am rather enjoying myself.  I've found some great recipes on Pinterest.com - if you're not a member, join. Seriously - it's not just food - you can find just about anything on there and some really good ideas.  And I've found some quick, easy meals that I had forgotten about.   I've found that I really don't mind cooking as long as the recipe isn't complicated and it doesn't take too long.  Anything else and I lose my interest fast.  Call me lazy, but after working all day and coming home, if I can't make it within an hour, I'm out. 

Pudding Hole Cake - was sssooo good!

Shrimp Boil Kebabs - ssssooo good and easy.
The pictures are only of two things I've cooked - I made that awesome cookie/Oreo/brownie dessert from a recipe on Pinterest.  I've found crock pot chicken and dumplings (which are like the easiest thing to make EVER), breakfast casserole, diet strawberry cupcakes, chicken bog, bacon wrapped hot dogs - all from that wonderful site that has changed my life.  Ha ha!  (Don't forget my homemade laundry detergent - got that from there too!)


And don't worry - Al still cooks too.  :) 

No comments: