Tuesday, May 22, 2012

School's out for Summer

Cooper's last day of school is today.

Olivia's is tomorrow.

Then it's summer break baby!

They are ssssooo ready for summer break - and Mama is too!  I am so tired of drop offs, $5 for this, $2 for that, $30 for a yearbook (for ELEMENTARY KIDS!!! WHAT!), etc I could scream.  I know I'm going to miss the closeness of THA, but I'm really looking forward to the new journey the kids are going on with new schools.  (Specifically earlier drop offs!)

We don't have many plans for the summer.  A few trips to the beach are planned of course, maybe a camp here and there at the YMCA.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll let them stay up late every night and wear their PJs over to Nana's in the mornings.  Does it matter?  Nah, of course not.  I do have some weekend ideas planned.....especially since sports are over and we can relax and do whatever we're in the mood for.  I want an ACTIVE summer - not two kids playing the Wii all day, every day.  (which would make both of my kids happy I'm afraid)

So, expect to read about hikes, bike rides (oh yeah, Al doesn't know about these yet, he hates to ride bikes), golf cart rides, swims,etc all summer long!  We have a family membership to the Y, so I plan on using it up this summer.  COOPER WILL LEARN TO SWIM IF IT KILLS ME!  I have tried *everything* to teach that boy to swim - and trust me, just throwing him in and saying "sink or swim" isn't effective anymore.  He sank.  I jumped in.  He just looked at me like "WTH Mommy?"  I felt like the biggest toad to ever walk the earth.  Maybe swim lessons for the 100th time....who knows.  He will learn though!

OLIVIA WILL LEARN TO TIE HER SHOES!  This one will probably happen before Coop learns to swim.  She already knows *kind of* how to tie her shoes, she's just not consistent at all.  But I refuse to let her enter 4th grade without knowing.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  She is a stubborn, stubborn child and hates to be told how to do anything.  Because she already knows how, you know? 

Anyways, it's summer time and I'm happy!  Too bad I don't get a summer break.  :(  

No comments: