Monday, June 04, 2012

Hello June!

As promised, I am working diligently to keep this blog up to date and post more often.  :) 

It's already June - (can we say Hello Christmas in no time!) and summer has officially started.  The kids are all done with school and now enjoying lazy summer days.  They headed down to the beach with my parents for the week so Al and I are getting our own little vacation it seems.  I know that by the end of the week, Nana and Poppy are going to be ready to mail those two monsters back to me.  I'd go get them right now if they wanted to come home - my house is too empty and quiet without them.  Funny how they drive you ape shit crazy and yet you miss it.  It can't be explained folks.....

So while the kids are off working on their tans (and maybe, just maybe Cooper will learn to swim and stop having near death experiences every time he's in water), Al and I are home alone.  The house has been clean for TWO days straight.  That hasn't happened since 4/2/03.....ha ha!  We went grocery shopping and thought "Hey, it's just the two of us so it won't be too expensive!"  WRONG!!!!!  It was still $100 for the two of us.  I swear to all things mighty, I may have to start a garden to save some money.  And get a cow and milk it every morning.  And some chickens to get eggs from.  Hell, Al and I might as well buy a dang farm.  Gas prices are going down but food is on the rise.  Maybe I can lose weight when I can't afford to eat anymore.  :)~

We also spent Saturday and Sunday on the Harley.  It was nice to get up and do whatever and then jump on the bike and ride wherever and for however long we wanted.  We rode so much this weekend, that by Sunday afternoon, my knees were seriously hurting from the vibration of the bike.  Ha!  But I still didn't want to get off - it was so fun.  I never thought I'd love riding on a motorcycle so much.  I can say that Al's bike is by far my most favorite purchase EVER. 

So, we get one week every year (usually) where we get to feel young and free.....it's nice, don't get me wrong, but I miss my monsters like mad.  I enjoy the time with just Al a lot, but we're a family and this week feels like it'll take forever before I see that one smiling face (Coop of course) and that one "I don't care that I'm back" face (OGG, you got it!). 

What am I going to do when they go to college?  

No comments: