Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hunting like a country girl

O is currently obsessed with hunting.  I have no idea why.  No one in our family hunts, none of my brother in laws hunt, NO ONE.  She claims she is not a "girly girl" but a  "country girl."  She sports my dad's old John Deere hat whenever she can (as if this PROVES to the world that she's a country girl) and hates pink now.  Have I mentioned we just painted her room pink last year?  Blue is now her favorite color.  And she loves tractors.  And horses although she's never been on one in her nine years on this planet.  Because that's what country girls like. 

But hunting - she will not give up on hunting.  Here's a conversation we had last night.

O:  Mom, I want to go hunting.

Me:  Well, no one we know hunts.

O:  Daddy can take me.  Or Poppy.

Me:  Poppy went hunting once and Daddy has never been.  Plus, you don't have a gun.

O:  I'll use your gun.

Me:  Hmmm, no.  You will never touch my gun.  And it's not a hunting gun.

O:  *big sigh*  Just buy me a gun then!

Me:  Olivia Grace, you are not going hunting.

O:  But MOM!!!!  I can bring home DINNER!!!



Is that not the funniest thing ever?  I told her that if groceries got so high that we couldn't afford meat, I'd buy her a gun and she could go hunting. 



No comments: