Sunday, August 15, 2010

A new start

It's that time again folks! School is starting back! Yay!!!!! Public school starts tomorrow around here but the kids don't start THA until Thursday. We have spent all weekend getting everything we need for the school year. Our biggest battle this year - shoe shopping!

O has a pretty decent fashion sense - although she's still hit and miss sometimes. At 7, she still thinks that the more colors, the better. That's not always the case though you know? She picked up some UGLY Sketchers and I *refused* to buy them for her. Now my girl, if she wants it, she's dead set on it. However, Mommy is the same way. I was dead set that I was NOT buying those shoes. Thanks to our new "rules", I pretty much got my way. Of course, I still let her choose which pair of shoes she wanted, but I picked out which three pairs she can choose from. :)

The Boy wasn't much easier when it came to shoe shopping either. He picked up some really ugly Sketcher shoes too (what's up with this brand anyways?) and again, I had to put my foot down. For the record, they both came out of the store with some really nice Nike tennis shoes. They will thank me one day for keeping them in check, I just know it. :)

Now for registration, dentist appointments, hair cuts, and the meet and greet and we're ready for school to start!

No comments: