Monday, August 30, 2010

Five Years Old!!!!

Cooper Thomas Griggs is FIVE years old today!!!!

I can remember five years ago like it was yesterday - honestly sometimes it still feels like yesterday! Cooper's birthday wasn't supposed to be his birthday....he was actually due at the end of September. So, it was quite a struggle and a very scary time when Cooper came into this world. For the past four years, I still get that anxious feeling in my chest on this day. I am happy and excited beyond words - but there's always that part of me that remembers the "what if" that could have happened that day in 2005. Al and I are so blessed that God watched over us and Cooper during that time and granted us the privilege of being his parents!

Cooper woke up this morning and said "Mommy, I don't feel five years old - I still feel four." How flipping CUTE is that???

I love the person my little man is becoming - he's absolutely the best little boy in the world. He's so sweet, so funny, and so stinking CUTE. He melts hearts with those baby blues and makes friends with everyone with his funny personality. Cooper - you're awesome!

Happy Birthday Cooper! Mama, Daddy, and Sissy Grace love you to the moon and back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe all the August babies are 5 now! It does sometimes seem like they were just born! Happy Birthday Cooper!