Monday, January 19, 2009

Random things in my head

I have a bunch of stuff I want to blog about so here goes:

1. Can you believe that the weather people (whatever the official title is) are calling for SNOW here in SC? Isn't that crazy!!! Al has called me twice at work to tell me that he may have to work tonight or stay very late tomorrow. =( I'm not looking forward to snow *if* we get any - a centimeter of it will shut down EVERYTHING here.

2. Cooper has a new big boy bed! He's got his very own cute double bed now. As you know if you've read my blog, Cooper is my snuggie buddy at bedtime. I thought I would love him being out of my bed but truth be told - I've slept HORRIBLE the last few nights without my little man. I may sneak into bed with him tonight - ha ha! He's doing fine with the transition and slept all night long - it's just Mommy who's having an issue with it. Al made the comment yesterday "wow, with that bed in his room, it feels weird - like we don't have babies anymore, we have big kids now." Seriously I almost cried.

3. Olivia keeps giving me a list of things she wants for her birthday coming up the first of April. She's patiently and impatiently counting down the days until she turns six years old. Which is another thing Mommy is having an issue with! *The firstborn* is getting too big - it really needs to stop. Now. Right now. I know it has to happen but man, does it have to happen so flipping fast? Anyways, I have to keep reminding Ms. Griggs that her birthday is NOT Christmas and she will not be getting tons of toys. She's either ignoring me or doesn't understand what I mean. I'm going to guess she's ignoring me. =)

4. Al and I are debating on getting a puppy for the kids. We've been back and forth on this for awhile now. We tried it once when Cooper was still an infant and it was just too much for me to deal with. Now that both kids are older, we are thinking of getting a weenie dog (sorry can't spell the correct name for them). We haven't made our minds up yet....Cooper almost kills my mom's dog, Lulu on a daily basis so we may hold off and wait a little longer. Like when Cooper goes to college or something. He's wild - and very lucky that Lulu loves him to pieces or he'd be missing an eye right now.

5. Going back to #2 - why do "they" make mattresses with designs on them? I mean, we got a better deal on some beige mattresses with flowers on them over plain white ones. What's the point? You cover the mattress up w/a waterproof cover (if you have kids you do!) and then with sheets. No one is ever going to see the pretty flowers on Coop's mattress.

6. Al's socks make my feet sweat. I found this out today when I put a pair of his new socks on because my feet were cold. My feet are always cold - ask Al. He complains about this all the time. I don't know why, but my hands and feet pretty much stay cold all the time. Freaky. I know. Something about his socks make them sweat....doesn't make them hot or anything, just sweat....it's hard to explain.

So, that's about it I guess.....don't be jealous of my exciting life now. =)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hahaha, I'll send you my wiener dogs and you'll change your mind! Seriously though, they are good dogs...but the breed is notoriously bad at potty training. Mine were each probably a good year old before they were completely potty trained...and they still have accidents occasionally

Jennifer Burch said...

we love our dog, he is so great but Dawson bugs the stew out of him. He is constantly pulling his fur. I feel sorry for the dog.

Anonymous said...

cold hands - warm heart!