Sunday, January 04, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

Yesterday was one of those days where you just don't want to sit at home. I mean, the kids have been home for the last two weeks and haven't even been able to play outside but a day or two because it's been so stinking cold and rainy. Saturday was no different - it was chilly, damp and just miserable outside. I got online and was playing around and came across the website for the Riverbanks Zoo. It's been awhile since we've been - and we've never taken Cooper so after debating it awhile, we decided to ride over to Columbia and spend the afternoon at the zoo. OMG, it was so much fun. The kids had a FABULOUS time! I think I may invest in a family membership so that we can go more often. For under $100, it's a pretty good deal. Here's some pics!

The kids with the elephant statue. Cooper called the elephants "Dumbo." We got to see the elephants really up close because they were being fed. It was really neat and probably my favorite part of the zoo.


Cooper in the little farm area of the zoo. He was attempting to fake milk the cow. Pretty gross in my opinion.....



I think Olivia was tickled pink when this bird (sorry, I have no clue what kind it is!) landed on her sleeve. It sat there for awhile too! Cooper kept saying he wanted a bird to sit on him but every time we got one close, he would scream like a little girl! It was so funny.....even strangers were laughing at him! =)
Oh, apparently Al's Clemson sweatshirt attracted the birds though because several of them were all over him for awhile. It kind of creeped me out....all I could think of was "The Birds"! LOL


The Tigers - these three were playful the whole afternoon. Very fun to watch them....they almost made you forget they could eat you up in two bites!


The kids on the tiger statue....
It was a really fun day - we saw tons of animals. The Gorillas (which was amazing and I wish we had seen them longer), lions, a sea lion, zebras, giraffes and tons more. The bears and the alligator weren't out yet. I definitely want to take the kids back!


No comments: