Sunday, October 05, 2008

Seriously?

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning for my stomach issues - I won't go into detail about what my stomach "issues" are, just know that it's been something that I've been dealing with since Cooper was born. I've put up with them for so long because honestly, if they were serious....wouldn't I have lost like....a ton of weight or something? And if you know me, you know THAT AIN'T HAPPENED! So, I finally reached a breaking point - and the fact I had a nasty stomach virus this week - and talked to Dr. B about what's been going on. And the remedy? Metamucil! Yes folks, I, Mandy Griggs, age 30, has to drink a tablespoon of Metamucil each night. Apparently I may need more fiber in my diet.....which is kind of ironic because that's kind of what I thought it was going to end up being. Nothing like a hard dose of reality to bring you back down now is there? I feel like a 100 year old woman typing this as I chug down my orange juice/Metamucil cocktail. Please, don't be jealous. =)


Now I just have to hope that I've been careful enough to keep the kids from getting that nasty stomach bug I had. They have a field trip tomorrow and I would feel horrible if they missed it. Plus, I really don't want to miss another day of work. Please say a prayer that they are ok in the morning. They both have had an upset tummy a few times today so I'm a little nervous!



My beautiful, yet crazy wild babies.




See, I told you they were wild!




Cooper being a "monster" - I think. Notice Olivia in the background with her shirt up over her tummy. =) That pj set cracks me up because the shirt creeps up over her belly constantly. But of course since it has Ariel on it, she just HAS to squeeze into it you know. ha ha!

1 comment:

Aron said...

Okay, not to be gross, but I may need a tad bit more info on the stomach "issues". I too have had some issues in the past years...maybe I need to join you in your elderly metamucil practices??? email me, please! :) aron@sc.rr.com